I’m clearing out everything I’ve put in Facebook because I plan to close my account there. I’m not sure when, probably not for another few months. I don’t actually want to get rid of everything, so I’m putting it here. I posted this in my Facebook notes on January 29, 2009…
I’ve been tagged with this three times in two days, so I guess I’ll give it a shot.
Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
- I’m a huge geek
- My dad taught me binary when I was five.
- When I was five I would sit for HOURS typing in zeros and ones in order to get a program to work on a machine that only had RAM (no hard drive). If I made a mistake, I had to start all over again.
- I have almost nothing in common with my mother.
- There were four blissful years where my mother didn’t even know where I lived.
- If there had been a creative spelling class in high school, I would have aced it in ways no one else could. Spell-check is like a godsend for me.
- I wish I had been related to George Carlin.
- I’m an only child.
- I wish I had siblings.
- I love to clean, but this doesn’t mean I judge people who don’t keep their house tidy. Like most people, I’m more comfortable in a healthy clean as opposed to a sterile clean environment.
- My grandpa taught me how to play cribbage.
- I double skunked my grandpa at age seven. He said, “Damn it I taught you too well.” He was not one to let someone win, just because.
- I was born and raised in Alaska and I miss it there, but I know it’s because I miss the nostalgic childhood stuff about it not because I want to live where winter weather is twenty below zero without wind-chill.
- I’m a frickin’ lizard, I don’t do well in cold climates.
- I was always in the lowest level reading classes in school.
- I have a very hard time getting ‘into’ a book.
- I didn’t discover the joy of reading until I was 16-ish when I discovered true crime books, specifically serial killer books.
- I would have discovered serial killer books when I was ten but the librarian who was also a nun nearly shit herself when I asked for a book about Jack the Ripper. She said they didn’t have any. I’m pretty sure she lied. Bitch.
- I sneer when I hear stupid shit.
- I sneer A LOT.
- I can’t lie. I can withhold truth, but cannot actually lie. So I haven’t bothered trying since I was a kid (about 14).
- I don’t dream very often, maybe once a year.
- I dwell on things A LOT.
- I have a very good memory especially for things I hear.
- I ace lecture classes, unless the teacher is a total ass hat and doesn’t test on the lectures.
- I curse A LOT.
- I don’t follow rules that I think are stupid hence, I’m on number 27 and won’t be sending this to 25 people. Deal with it. That’s right, I’m a rebel. I’m a wild woman. Can’t hold me back now. Ok, I’m done.
About number 6, now that my daughter is in preschool and I’ve had the pleasure of seeing how people in the real world are spelling the names of the children the supposedly love, I’m not so sure I would have aced a creative spelling class. I honestly would have never come up with an apostrophe in the middle of a name.